Congratulations, you’ve had a vasectomy! Now it’s time to see if the pipes are clean.
With the SpermCheck® Vasectomy Test you can discover just how effective your procedure was in a quick and accurate way that can be completed in these 9 simple steps:
- Collect semen sample (from yourself).
- Allow sample to stand for 20 minutes (or sit comfortably in a clean receptacle).
- Using transfer device (feel free to improvise here), collect enough sample to fill to the line on device.
- Add sample from transfer device to solution bottle (attaching the lid firmly afterwards, please).
- Gently mix solution and sample (use a soft touch as this is not a cocktail shaker).
- Wait 2 minutes (no fancy skills required for this one).
- Add 5 drops from solution bottle to sample well on test cassette.
- Wait 7 minutes (the only fancy skill required for this one is patience).
- Read results (yes, you’re all done!).
The SpermCheck® Vasectomy Test is the only test on the market cleared by the FDA for home use.
So… how did you do?
A Positive Test Result (Sperm Present)
- A positive test result does not necessarily mean that your vasectomy failed, but it does indicate that more testing is needed.
- Continue to use another form of birth control and contact Austin Urology Institute about what to do next.
- You may be asked to wait at least two weeks before testing with a new SpermCheck device.
A Negative Test Result (Sperm Not Detected)
- Sperm count is undetectable and indicates a negligible risk of pregnancy.
An Invalid Test Result
- If you do not see a control line (marked as “C” on the device), this test cannot be interpreted and you should test again with a new device.