8 Signs You Are At Risk for Kidney Stones
August 14, 2014
Kidney stones have a higher chance of developing based on poor diet, certain medications and genetics.
What are some common indicators?
1. Low water intake or decreased hydration
2. High caffeine intake such as coffee, soda, tea, energy drinks (>2-3 beverages per day)
5. Poor diet
4. Family history
5. High intake of oxalate rich foods (spinach, nuts, tea, etc.)
6. Certain medications may cause kidney stones, one in particular
7. Frequent urinary tract infections
8. Certain surgeries such as intestinal surgery or gastric bypass surgery
Please call to schedule an appointment for preventative/follow-up care: 512-694-8888
Virtual Visits Available
We offer both in-clinic and remote telemedicine consultations worldwide.