Does a vasectomy lower testosterone?
July 17, 2014
A vasectomy will not lower testosterone. The only function of a vasectomy is to disrupt sperm production. The testicles produce both sperm and testosterone. While the sperm travels through the vas deferens, the testosterone is actually absorbed into the bloodstream.
Virtual Visits Available
We offer both in-clinic and remote telemedicine consultations worldwide.
Paid Clinical Research Opportunity
Signs of low testosterone?
- Decreased sexual desire or libido
- Decreased spontaneous erections (e.g. morning erections)
- Decreased energy or fatigue
- Low mood or depressed mood
- Loss of body hair or reduced shaving
- Hot flashes
PPD is looking for overall healthy adult males ages 18-80 years old to participate in a research study at our Austin clinic. Compensation up to $8,000 for qualified participants.