Jatenzo, a NEW oral therapy for low testosterone and hypogonadism
February 12, 2021
Austin Urology Institute is proud to debut the newest therapy for hypogonadism and Low T, Jatenzo. Jatenzo is an innovative new therapy for those suffering from signs and symptoms of low testosterone.
Historically, oral delivery of testosterone was associated with liver related issues and toxicity. Thus, testosterone has been delivered by gel, injection, pellets, and even inhaled to get around that issues. Jatenzo works around the liver toxicity issue associated with oral tablets through an innovative mechanism.
– No injections, no pain, no procedures. No mess or drying time or concern for transfer of testosterone to women and children. No skin irritation or other commonly associated issues with other delivery mechanisms.
– Dosing is typically twice a day taken with food.
– In clinical FDA studies of men averaging 51 years and a T level of 190, 87% of subjects reaches a level in the 400-600 range
– Headache was the most common side effect, affecting 5% of subjects.
– Additionally, T levels remain stable through the day, and week, without the typical highs and lows of T levels associated with the other T supplementation modalities.
– Dosing is typically 237mg twice a day in one capsule, and works for majority of men without need to titration up or down.
Jatenzo is typically covered by most insurance companies, as long as there is clinical evidence to support its use with documented low T levels. We also have manufacturer assistance cards that ensure that copay can be as low as $0 for most commercial insurance patients
Call us at 512-694-8888 or contact us here for more information.